Thursday, December 3, 2009

Tilpa to Wilcannia 120km



  • Left the next morning for some very tough riding into a headwind on a poor sandy road with one car or truck passing every few hours. Took the North-western side of the Darling River for a change.

  • Was exhausted after gaining only 50km for the day and I was about to place camp for the night after reassessing my water supply for a possible two night camp. However, then an amazing sunset appeared with diverse clouds shooting off into crazy spirals like the paths of subatomic particles. I set out to ride some more and the wind turned to tailwind right as I passed a sign indicating the Paroo-Darling River National Park and also as the atmosphere changed to some cosmic hues of blue and red. Another 20km of some very enjoyable riding for the night. I woke up to a tailwind and rolled the last 50km into Wilcannia quickly but still exhausted after pushing through and stabilising the bike on the dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment